About The Club
The Boulevard Club is Toronto’s leading waterfront private sports, fitness, recreation and family club. The beautiful lakeside setting is only minutes from downtown, yet removed from the stress of city life. The Club is renowned for its truly exceptional year round sports sections. Members have access to regional golf and ski clubs, plus private club facilities throughout Canada, the United States and Internationally.
The Boulevard Club has a proud heritage on the Toronto waterfront. Since our origin more than one hundred years ago, our Members have enjoyed the finest yachting and sports facilities in Toronto.
CANsail Race Coach (Seasonal - Full-Time):
The Boulevard Club is seeking a Sail Canada a certified CANSail 5 and 6 Instructor for the 2015 sailing season. The Club offers instruction in Sail Canada’s CANSail dinghy program. Our program is taught in 2 and 4 week blocks, using Optimists and 420’s.
- One (1) CANSail 5/6 Instructor, for the 2015 season.
- Uniforms are provided as well as Meals.
- Vehicle parking is not available on site.
- Racing during the season is both encouraged and supported, including our Club Tuesday Night races.
As a minimum, our preferred candidates will:
- Be available from June 15 to August 28, 2015
- Be able to certify Sail Canada CANSail 5 and 6
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card
- Toronto Harbour License
- VHF Maritime Operators License
- Be able to demonstrate up-to-date Sail Canada prerequisites before the commencement date
- Be able to perform minor boat repairs and maintenance
- Be enthusiastic, professional under pressure, and show a true passion for progressing in the sport
The Boulevard Club may be able to assist you in attainment of these qualifications prior to the start of the season.
Location: The Boulevard Club
- 40 hrs per week
- 30 minute lunch break each day
- General hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM
- Payment for regatta coaching and supervision
- Possible end-of-year performance bonus
We will give special consideration to candidates who also:
- Are active racers (keelboats, skiffs, board-sails or dinghies)
- Have taught at least two seasons and/or have completed High School
- Are able to perform major boat repairs and maintenance
- Have completed the Sail Canada Chutes and Wires Module
- Have a valid driver’s license and experience travelling to regattas
Uniforms will be provided. Employees are entitled to a free lunch each working day. Vehicle parking is not available.
Please submit your resume before March 16, 2015 to Charles Rishor (Yachting Director) at email@example.com .
Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.