Karate at The Boulevard Club is offered at The Boulevard Club through the Shito-Ryu Canada School of Martial Arts. The program follows the scientific and traditional principles of Japanese Karate (Shito-Ryu), which is a complete Martial Art.
We aim to create stronger minds and bodies by cultivating self-confidence, discipline, control, self-defense, dedication and co-ordination.
Programs are available for children ages 5 and up, as well as adults.
All karate classes and exams are under the expert direction of Hanshi (Grand Master) Hashem Mehdizadeh,
8th Degree Black Belt. Hanshi is the highest level of achievement in karate and Hashem is the first Canadian to be designation this title in Shito-Ryu karate style. His superior qualifications and accolades include:
- Chief Instructor of Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Kai of Canada
- Gold medalist in International Taikai, USA (1997)
- World Champion Silver Medalist, Greece (1993)
- European Champion, Spain (1985)
- Spanish Cup Champion, Barcelona (1984)
- Teaching/National Coaching Certification Program TCCP Level 4, NCCP Level 3